Tuesday, September 3, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday] #4

This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. 

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Books I wish were Taught in Schools

This one is a little tricky for me since I only moved to America in high school and have not discovered a lot of American classics. Here are 2 lists with Classics that I have read and that are still on my TBR list!

READ Classics. 
The Great GatsbyRomeo and JulietTo Kill a Mockingbird
The Catcher in the RyeLittle Women (Little Women, #1)


TBR Classics & Wish they taught in school.
Pride and PrejudiceAnna KareninaThe Fault in Our Stars
A Stop in the ParkThe Notebook

What's on your list today? Leave the link below so I can stop by and check it out!! Happy Tuesday! xoxo

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Remember reading just about all of the first group in highschool. Not necessarily faves of mine. I couldn't really get into classics and still can't. But I still feel that they are important to read at least at some point in life! Weird, huh?

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to read at least one classic book per day, but I don't think all classic books are for everyone. For example, I haven't read any other Dickens book aside from A Christmas Carol, but he's one of those authors that are usually mentioned in the classic books that we must read or something... But I'm hoping someday I'll really get into it!

      Delete
    2. Totally agree! And I think that if they didn't force us to read them in high school, I might have enjoyed them a little more lol

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I agree with the books you listed, although I'm not sure about The Notebook and The Fault in Our Stars. I'm not familiar with A Step in the Park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm thanks for the feedback! But I loved those books and really think that high schoolers might like it. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete