Monday, July 8, 2013

[15 Day Challenge] Day 1: 15 Bookish Confessions.


 I receive a lot of emails ever day by the people that I follow with email and came across this 15 Day Challenge that looked very interesting. It was originally made by Good Books, Good Wines and you can see rules HERE. I just came back from vacation and though that this is just what I need to get my head back into the blogging world and see if I can challenge myself enough to continue with this. Hopefully everyone out there will supportive enough so I can make it. One.. Two.. Three.. GO!

Day 1: Make 15 book-related confessions.


1. I read ALOT. I always have couple of books and devices that I use for reading and as long as it's different, I can stayed focused on the book without a problem. I have audiobooks, paperback, Kindle and phone. 

2. I always fall in love with the bad guy. Call me crazy but if he's the jerk, I love him. 

3. I don't know what it is about different fonts but my inside-narrator voice always changes when I read in Italian or Bold font. Is that weird or what?

4. I'm very defensive about my books. Yes, I am one of those. If we don't like the same books, I don't think we can be friends.

5. I JUDGE the book by it's cover. Something about good design makes me want to read the book no matter what. I tend not to read books that have terrible covers. 

6. I read everywhere. Traffic, lunch, dinner, work, during TV shows... Ugh I think I might have a problem :(

7. If the book was made into the movie, I like to critic it. ALOT. And also want to make sure that everyone knows that I read the book first :P

8. Sometimes I get depressed because I know that I will not read all of the books that are on my To-Read Goodreads shelf. Life is not fair!

9. If my favorite character in the book gets hurt, I get grumpy and don't talk to people. I'm going through something and they just could never understand the pain!

10. I have to relate to the character. If the girl/guy is really annoying or too boring, I probably won't like the book to begin with. 

11. When I first started blogging, I had no idea what ARCs were and how cool people were that I actually got them. 

12. I have to re-read the first page of every book that I start. For some reason I feel like I'm mentally preparing myself for what's going to happen. 

13. I check out 5-6 library books at the same time and will not return them all until I finish reading them. With my Kindle and those books, I have some fines that still needs to be paid. GUILTY!

14. When I lived in Russia, I finished every single book in Fiction section in my local library. People thought I was a psycho lol

15. WOMEN WHO READ ARE FREAKING HOT!!! 


Wow. That was way harder than I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure that I just rambled on lol But I'm excited to see what everyone's confessions are and super excited for Day Two!! -Ellie, xoxo


post signature

27 comments:

  1. OMG...I was reading your list and thought of about 10 other things that I should have put on mine! That's so annoying!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that's exactly when I felt when I was reading everyone's posts!

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I totally do #6, too! Red lights, movie previews, meals, lunch breaks... There's just so much to read and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! If only I can get paid for this lol

      Delete
  3. Love all of your confessions, but a big fat YES to #9, #10 and #15!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I am 100 % with you on #8, #9, and #11. Crazy that we all have so many in common haha! Great confessions!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally crazy how many people have the same thing in common! High five!

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. Hi there! I'm participating too, and I hope I can go all 15 days. Maybe we can motivate each other, haha.

    3. An Italian font, eh? ;) I do this too sometimes!

    5. Yep!

    7. Haha, same! Especially if the movie was really bad.

    12. Oooh that's an interesting ritual!

    13. Do you have to pay fines on ebooks? Mine just automatically return.

    14. You lived in Russia? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can totally motivate each other! I'm pretty bad at following these things so need help lol

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I tend to read at work too. Its not really a good idea since I work in food service, but I promise I do get some work done!

    And of course I do #7 all the time. I just hate that I haven't read so many of the ones that are coming out now.

    Thanks for stopping by: Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know exactly how it is girl!

      & thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  7. Agreed, people who read are hot.

    Also, the fact that you read every book in the fiction section makes you awesome, not psycho hahaha.

    ALSO.

    I feel sad thinking about my goodreads TBR as well.

    Thanks so much for joining in --- I love that you mentioned re-reading the first page of every book you read, that's such a cool habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! You're awesome for creating this, it's amazing!

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. #2- Me too! I love those bad boys.

    And #11 - I never knew about ARCs either (for years) or how to get them (which is really sad since my dad works in the publishing business). And then I finally got my first one mailed to me this past month, and it was SO exciting!

    Ashling @ Reading, Writing, & Anything but Arithmetic

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG congrats on getting ARC! I always feel so excited when I get one, it's awesome. & it's amazing that your dad works for publishing business, I think that job would be totally insane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1,2,6,13 are just like me! I add to my TBR on Goodreads, on My Kindle, with normal books and get sad/mad thinking Ill never ever finish it.
    My librarian saw me the other day at the gas station and said "havent seen you in a long time" I felt so guilty! I was listening to an audiobook sent to me for review!
    I have to go visit and say hi to show support :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha omg that's awesome! Since I got my Kindle, I barely go to the library too!

      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I love your confessions, and your blog design....I LOVE!
    Lori @ Contagious Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I can pretty much relate to 90% of those :-) Especially 1,6,8,11 and of course 15!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I could help hun! xoxo

      Delete
  13. Ellie I'm like you where I read everywhere! It's not safe but I often pick up my book or Nook at red lights, I also sometimes read when I'm walking down the street...yesI'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that's exactly how I am! So crazy how it happens!

      Delete