Wednesday, July 17, 2013

[Book Review] Dying to Forget by Trish Marie Dawson

Dying To Forget (The Station, #1)Dying to Forget
Trish Marie Dawson
"...With trembling fingers, I reach up and touch the hard and chiseled contours of his chest while Ryan's large and strong hands roam over my entire body, feeling and squeezing everything. I've never been touched like this before and my insides are starting to freak out.

"I want you, Piper," he murmurs into my neck.

My mouth drops open in surprise and even though my brain seems to be telling me to jump and run out of the room, I’m unable to move, stuck firmly to the same place on the mattress. With my nerves on high alert, I glance at the door repeatedly, sure that someone will come bursting through it at any second but the steady thumping of the music downstairs reminds me that no one can hear what is happening in this room. No one cares that Ryan Burke took me, of all people, into a bedroom. That realization hits me suddenly. Oh. My. God. What am I doing here?"

Piper Willow dies the summer after her high school graduation but she doesn’t make it to Heaven or Hell…instead she finds herself in a spiritual terminal called the Station. She’s given only two choices: Return to Earth as the subconscious for a person in need of some outside assistance, or move on and spend an eternity lost in her own sorrow and pain. 

Does Piper have what it takes to save a life - to be the nagging voice inside someone else’s head - or will she fail and end up lost and tormented in limbo...forever?


Piper Willow was never a popular girl but when the most hottest guy in school offers you a drink at the party, you don’t question it. You just drink it. And that’s how Piper got drugged and raped by her fellow classmate. Months later she is trying to cope with is as good as can but hurting yourself seems to be the only thing that makes her forget the terrible night that she had to experience. 

Now after a horrible car accident, she is left with quilt of being the one who killed her best friend and she is tired of everything. Killing herself was the last thing that wanted to feel but when she opens her eyes, she finds herself in a room called The Station where she can decide whether she wants to return to Earth and help those who are on the edge of committing suicide themselves, or move on and spend an eternity nothing but regret and guilt. 

I have definitely never read a book like this before. I wasn’t sure what I was going to expect from Dying To Forget but it wasn’t this. From the beginning I was the little concern about the subject because rape is a very serious issue to write about and should be taking lightly. I thought that the whole situation was rushed, like the author just wanted to skip through the whole thing and end the book before it even started. But of course it all made sense after Piper went to the Station and learned about everything. 

I would suggest that everyone reads this book because it was not only a really good writing but the story was very motivational and I can see it helping many people to get on track with their life and especially if they are thinking about the end. I really respect author for the Acknowledgements (yes I read them) at the end of the book with all the information that you need if you have serious thoughts about this. 


post signature