Monday, December 30, 2013

[Bout of Books 9.0]

Bout of Books

I decided to step up and do something interesting in 2014. And first of all - HUGE thanks to Laura from Laura + Books for posting about this! She definitely inspired me to join in and see if I can challenge myself to start the year right with good amount of books. I decided that since this is going to be my first challenge ever, I'm going to read 4 books. I just picked them up in the library today and really excited to read them! Look at the excerpt below to check out the challenge if anyone else is interested, I can't wait to see everyone's progress! 
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week-long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books
Goals:

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)

Crewel (Crewel World, #1)Altered (Crewel World, #2)


post signature

19 comments:

  1. oooo I just bought Crewel and Shadow and Bone last week!! They both sound amazing so I can't wait to see what you think of both series! Enjoy and hope you meet your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle!! Are you planning on starting to read them soon? I might need a buddy read hehe

      Delete
  2. Yaaayyy!! I'm so glad you decided to do it! If only we had more time in the world, I'd definitely want to read Shadow and Bone as well as Crewel. I've heard tonnes of rave reviews for all of them. Good luck with your reading!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally wish we had more time! I honestly thought it was a month at first but now that I saw that it's only a week, I'm a little nervous lol I'm glad I found it though

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you decided to join!
    OMG SHADOW AND BONE & SIEGE AND STORM! <3 I'm so excited that you're reading both of them! I hope you enjoy them :D
    Ooh, I've been wanting to read Crewel for so long! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you think of that one.
    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to get started and see what the rave was about hehe I'm gonna have to post reviews right away ;)

      Delete
  4. great book choices! I have the Leigh Bardugo books on my TBR as well. Thanks for the comment on my blog btw. :) <3 following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually need to read Siege and Storm - that could definitely be one of my books! It's my first read-a-thon as well, I decided on 5 books. A completely unreachable goal since I'm working all week, but honestly, who cares? I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I'm working all week too lol Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I hope you enjoy the read-a-thon. I've done quite a few and loved them. I'm hoping the same as you, that it'll get my reading off to a good start in 2014. My goal is 100 for the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow good luck on your goal! I decided to read 150 this year and still not sure how i'm going to do it lol

      Delete
  7. Ah two of my favourite series! You're going to love both of them. As well as fly through them super fast.
    Good luck with your goals Ellie!
    I still haven't signed up because I'm going to have a busy week. But I'm kind of thinking why the hell not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Leigh Bardugo's series!! So great! And I've been on the lookout for Crewel for a while! Really need to get to that one! Good luck with your goals for Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Grisha series!! Binge reading them is perfect too!! You won't regret it!

    Angie
    Bout of Books Goals & Updates

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first Bout of Books? Welcome! It's a ton of fun, glad to see you've joined!


    Good luck!

    -Danie
    www.bookish-brunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! Bout of Books is so much fun! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete