Friday, August 16, 2013

[Book Review] Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

11505797Beautiful Disaster
Jamie McGuire
INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


“I belong to my beloved, and my beloved is mine.”

Abby Abernathy wants to be seen as the “good girl”. No swearing, drinking, partying, and wearing just the right amount of cardigans to blend in with the crowd and not be always stared at. When she meets Travis, the bad boy covered in tattoos with a hot body, she knows that they are wrong for each other but she cannot stay away from him. When things get rough, she needs to leave the past behind and decide if Travis is the man for her if she can overlook both of their flaws.

 photo tumblr_mocio5v0YM1qcruzoo1_250_zpsd02ca590.png

Beautiful… Heartbreaking.. Amazing…

Perfect example of how imperfect love is. And I know that some people think that the fights they had were immature and many the characters were not being serious. But trust me. I had fights with my boyfriend over a pillow. So shush. Oh and Travis Maddox will be my new boyfriend.

bed gif photo: get in my bed now gif tumblr_m0ebo5nxa61r9yh56o2_400.gif

I cannot describe the feeling that I felt after this book! Usually books that have a lot of hype about them disappoint me but I totally agree with over 40,000 people that rated Beautiful Disaster 5 stars. I really enjoyed the writing style, the way the story went and thought that every character was perfectly developed. Cannot wait to start reading the second book in this series and love Travis all over again.

“It's dangerous to need someone that much. You're trying to save him and he's hoping you can. You two are a disaster." I smiled at the ceiling. "It doesn't matter what or why it is. When it's good, Kara... it's beautiful.”


post signature