Wednesday, August 28, 2013

[Book Review] Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. 

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


HOLY TRAVIS MADDOX!! BE. MY. BOYFRIEND. NOW

I WILL EVEN WASH YOUR BIKE FOR YOU!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

…Or maybe not.. 

Well this was definitely not what I expected. I have seen more and more authors write a second book with the same exact story but from different POV. Walking Disaster is the same exact story but it is written from Travis’ POV. Which is not bad because he is super hot but I would have liked to see more of their relationship.

“I took a deep breath, and shut the bedroom door behind me. Even though we'd put each other through hell, we'd found heaven. Maybe that was more than a couple of sinners deserved, but I wasn't going to complain.”


Oh Travis… I fell in love with him all over when the book first started but as the story went on, I really didn’t know what to think. I loved the “bad-boy” talk in the beginning but at times he totally sounded whipped which was a little bit of a turn off. And it didn’t help that it was the same story so I pretty much already knew what was going to happen lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I thought that Abby was really annoying at times. I liked her way better when I could read her thoughts. The way she came off was like a dumb blonde and I just wanted to slap her and bury her alive somewhere far away. But as always, I decided to finish the book and learn to love them lol

“She seemed pissed about something, but I ignored it. She probably just wasn’t a morning person. Although with that logic, she wasn’t really an afternoon or night person, either. Come to think of it, she was kind of a cranky bitch . . . and I liked it.”


MADDOX BROTHERS SERIES IS OUT 2014!!!



post signature