Tuesday, August 5, 2014

[Waiting on Wednesday] (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming books that we eagerly anticipate and cannot wait to get here!

"Snow like ashes" - sara Raasch


Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)Expected Publication: October 2014
A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

GOODREADS 

WHY AM I WAITING ON IT?

How does everyone keeps getting these ARCs? I have been on the look out for so long but seriously, it's like it disappeared from me! I'm still trying to get used to High Fantasy genre but I really think that I will enjoy this book since it sounds super badass. Have you read it yet? Should I spend months and months to wait until this beauty?

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON THIS WEEK?


Want some awesome Beach Reads? Check out this post for books you could win & enter the rafflecopter!

26 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing a lot of this one around! Looks intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did as well! Can't wait to get my hands on it

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cover and blurb! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “BETRAYED”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand! I feel like everyone has an Arc and i completely missed out. Oh well at least the release date is close :)

    Here's our WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! And I love the cover so might as well get the physical copy of it :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I'm still waiting on this book! I've been looking forward to it for moooonths now! lol But I do think its going to be worth the wait. I'll have to do a sneaky search and see if I can get my hands on it sooner, but if not, I'll still be checking it out! Good luck and I hope you like it when you get ahold of it!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover. I've heard mixed reviews of this one but hope you'll end up enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes YES I am definitely waiting on this one as well!! Hope you can get your hands on an ARC soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for this book.It has been high on my list for months.Can't wait till October to get my hands on it.Great Pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am waiting on this one as well. I'm not a huge fantasy reader but this one does sound very kick ass. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waiting right along with you! I too am a bit wary of high fantasy, but this one sounds like a good one. Also, the cover is so amazing, I like, need to own it! Maybe we'll get lucky and win ARCs or something ;) Hope you love it and get to read it soon!

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of this one, and the story sounds good! Thank you for stopping by at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snow Like Ashes looks pretty great. And that cover is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg I read Snow Like Ashes last month, it was great! An awesome new fantasy series. I hope you like it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeeeep I'm so excited to have this in my hands too! One look at that cover and I wanted it. I hope it's as good as it sounds. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I WANT this one, too!!! First of all, I LOVE that cover!! Then, the plot sounds absolutely TERRIFIC!!! So I'm just as excited as you are!

    Thanks for sharing this one, and thanks as well for commenting on my own WOW!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so in love with the blurb and that gorgeous COVER! Can't wait to read this one! Thanks for stopping by!

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen this one around a lot but never actually read the blurb haha. I'm a huge fan of high fantasy, so might have to check this out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. haven't read this yet but it looks good. I think it'll be worth the wait.

    fishgirl182 @ nite lite

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm also waiting for the release of this one! It sounds downright intriguing. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. October isn't too far off. This does sound exciting! Hope you love it when you get your hands on it. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, definitely badass. I CANNOT WAIT to read this! High fantasy is my favorite. ;) Great choice!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete