Friday, August 15, 2014

[Discussion] When do you post ARC reviews?

when do you post arc reviews?

Ever since I started blogging, I always find little things that I can improve. Like my social media buttons, the way I post reviews, and etc. But one thing I'm still trying to make a process for is to post ARC reviews. So I was thinking... What do other bloggers out there do there? Ever since I started blogging, these have become my addition:


I mean, who can blame me, right? Yes, sometimes I am very good about not requesting too many ARCs but then if there's a good season and all of the sudden the good books start coming out... well then I go crazy. Like really, REALLY crazy lol

But then I do read them. And when should I post? I LOVE the scheduling function on Blogger but do I do it right after I read it or should I wait until release day? I have an idea of doing "Release Day Reviews" where I would post a review of a book on the day when it's getting released but not sure if that's too late. 

So let's discuss. when do you post arc reviews? do you have some sort of method/process that you follow when it comes to posting reviews? any tips? 

10 comments:

  1. I often find that it depends. Some publishers say please don't post reviews till a month before. Some don't give you days. Then some pubs want you to do blog tours, so keep that in mind. I always say look and see if the publisher has any guidelines.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a really good tip! Thanks Grace!

      Delete
  2. I try to do it that week of publication if I can't post the day of. I think the earliest I've done is 2 weeks ahead of time. I get frustrated as a reader when I read a review of something that's months early and I can't have the book. Immediate gratification please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's actually so true! Alot of people do that on goodreads

      Delete
  3. I post them usually a few weeks before the release and sometimesw after the release, depends on my mood lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know how that is. Or if I'm even in the mood to review it

      Delete
  4. I try to post them on release day or a few days early. I have ARCs for three books releasing on August 26th and one on the 29th. I don't want to post four reviews that week, so I'm starting next week, I think. Plus right now I'm running a little behind, so I'm working on and trying to squeeze in ARC reviews of a few books that were recently released.

    If I finish a review really early, I post it on NetGalley to help my ratio. I give them a link to where it will be and note the day it goes live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that's a good idea. There's tons of books that are being released in the next few months so it's hard to keep up lol

      Delete
  5. I always try to wait until the release day.

    ReplyDelete