Monday, March 25, 2013

[Book Review] Hopeless


Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)Hopeless - Colleen Hoover 
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

I LIVED THIS BOOK! I LIVED IT SO FREAKING MUCH!!!
5 STARS FOR AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, AND HOPELESS BOOK! 
 
 photo 70511305d1452bbbba2605ea158e1ea2_large_zpsa64d6719.jpg

“When I touch you, I’m touching you because I want to make you happy. When I kiss you, I’m kissing you because you have the most incredible mouth I’ve ever seen and you know I can’t not kiss it. And when I make love to you—I’m doing exactly that. I’m making love to you because I’m in love with you.”


“The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you.”




SUMMARY. Sky was adopted thirteen years ago, or that’s what her mother, Karen, told her. She didn’t remember who her father was and she didn’t really had the urge to find out. All of the memories from her childhood were faded away and she didn’t feel like exploring any of it. She was happy. She had Six, her amazing best friend, and she was finally going to a real high school after being homeschooled for many years. Her love life has never been very advanced despite anything that she tried because she never felt anything. The only reason why she would make out with guys is because it made her feel numb. One day she goes to get some groceries and meets Holder, beautiful and absolutely hot guy that makes her get butterflies and feel like she can’t even remember her own name. It feels like she known him her whole life and his words… It’s like he always knows how to say the most perfect thing. But it’s not until she finds out the truth about herself, about Holder, Karen, and even her father who makes her wish she never find out in the first place. 

 photo 97bbd2d85ac922e4b1e033f5223a717c_zpsbb237001.jpg

THOUGHTS: O.M.G. I CRIED.I cried so much, I still want to cry just thinking about it. I seriously never thought that just a few words can bring that kind of a twist to the story and makes my heart ache for her. I usually don’t tell any of the books to my boyfriend (mostly because he doesn’t really care) but I made him listen to this one! After every single twist I would start cussing and crying and had to tell him what was going on! I could tell he liked it as well. But back to the book. I think that I have never seen a more beautiful writing. There were so many kissing scenes and each one of them just made you feel like it was their first kiss. I got blushed a couple of times during the book and it was nothing more than kissing. I love how caring Holder was and how the feelings were expressed all throughout the book. Fascinating! But seriously though. Read this book, it will make you cry and you will love it. 


post signature