Thursday, March 14, 2013

[Book Review] Dead(ish) by Naomi Kramer



DEAD(ish) - Naomi Kramer
Linda’s had a bad day. First her boyfriend killed her. Then she woke up, still on this boring plane of existence, and with an odd obsession about her missing body. Mike won’t tell her what he did with her body, and she can’t find the stupid thing herself. There’s only one thing she can do - torment the bastard until he coughs up the information. 
This is a very short work - novelette length.
Warning: Frequent foul language, mild sex scenes, and Australian spelling


Overall Rating: 3 stars

SHORT SUMMARY: Dead(ish) is a hilarious, quick-read book that will have you laughing, guaranteed. It's about a woman who's boyfriend "accidentally" kills her because she sleeps with two sexy gay guys next door. The motive is simple and he gets away with it from the police pretty quick. What he didn't expect is for Linda to come back as a ghost and try and mess with his life because he killed her. Paint his skin, put makeup on him, and dye his hair in his sleep? No problem! As long as he gets what he deserves. The only problem that Linda has is that she can't find her body and hires a private investigator to figure that out. But who knew that working for a ghost can be sooooo irritating!

THOUGHTS: So... The review part. I actually finished this book over my lunch break and think that it way well worth it. Author's humor was a little different and it took a few pages to get used to at first. She swears ALOT. or is it called just strong language, I don't remember. Yeaaaaaa, I did a lot of that:


But as the book progressed along, I was very intrigued and have to say that sitting in my car in the park during my lunchbreak like a hobo and laughing my ass off made me love the book. Sooo... thumbs up!!! I think this book is still free on Kindle so get your copy :)