Tuesday, October 29, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday] (8) *Halloween Edition*

This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. 

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Best Books To Read for Halloween!


CoralineCoraline by Neil Gaiman
This is always gonna be my favorite read, specially after they made that movie based on this book. It was totally creepy and even though I don't know why children would ever want to watch it, it's the perfect for this holiday!

  





Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
I get the creeps just looking at this book cover! I never got chance to read this one but it is on my to-read list on Goodreads and someday I will hehe The rating for this book is really high and I heard many good things about it so this would be perfect for Halloween. 





The Replacement
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff 
Story about a boy who is trying to survive in the human world but used to living in paranormal world of creatures is interesting. This is something that is still on my to-read list, but that's something I'm definitely looking forward on reading.







Substitute Creature (Tales from Lovecraft Middle School, #4)Substitute Creature by Charles Gilman
I don't know who this cover artist is or who did this photoshoot but they did a perfect job of making this creepy. Spending the night inside of school with a mysterious substitute teacher is honestly a disaster to happen. 

  





Ground Zero: A Zombie ApocalypseGround Zero by Nicholas Ryan
What is Halloween without the zombies?? This one was just released and seems like it's going good with the score on Goodreads.  Totally creepy!








Holes for FacesHoles for Face by Ramsey Campbell
One of the short stories by Campbell which is a genius when it comes to horror stories! Gonna have to pick couple of them up for my collection for Halloween :)








Within WallsWithin Walls by J. B. Kay
Nightmares that seem awfully close to reality is always a scary subject to read about and I honestly really wanna check this out. For YA book, I'm curious if there's going to be any romance or it's going to be just straight up creepy. 







What's on your list today? Leave the link below so I can stop by and check it out!! Happy Tuesday! xoxo

post signature

50 comments:

  1. Ooooh what an EXCELLENT list. I adore Neil Gaiman. I need the rest of these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Thanks for dropping by Jaimee!

      Delete
  2. Great list! Coraline freaks me out both content wise and cover wise. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Substitute Creature is such a fantastic cover! Reminds me of Jack Nicholson's version of the Joker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, these covers are amazing!

      Delete
  4. I might actually attempt to read Coraline on Thursday, if I manage to finish the two other books I'm reading by then. I want a good, creepy read, and the movie scared me to death. I can't deal with dolls or creepy child napping people. NOPE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I think I'm gonna have to do the same thing! But I agree, dolls totally freak me out!

      Delete
  5. OOoh nice ones! Haven't read a lot of these. I choose Anna for my Top Ten too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people chosing that for their list. Thanks girl!

      Delete
  6. I picked Anna and The Replacement for my creepy covers. There's just something about those sharp objects hanging over a pram that makes me really uncomfortable. Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're compltely right! And I read the summary, it sounds pretty interesting.

      Delete
  7. I own Anna but still need to read it! I might try to squeeze it in before Halloween. I also have always been intrigued by The Replacements but never picked it up. I've heard great things! Aside from Coraline, I haven't heard of the rest so I'm excited to go check those out for more potential scary reads for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I really hope you like Anna if you get a chance to read it! I think I'm gonna pick up something scary for next year and see how it goes lol

      Delete
  8. Substitute Creature is so creepy! That face will haunt me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rest of the books in the series with Substitute Creature all have such awesome/creepy covers that when I see them at work I get shivers.

    Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great covers! That Substitute Creature one made me shudder! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Substitute Creature and Ground Zero both look really scary. They give me the chills. Thanks for sharing.

    my TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-to-read-for-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Anna, but I still haven't read it yet. I hope it's every bit as creepy as I've heard. I know I've seen that Substitute Creature cover before. Fantastic. And I'm not sure which I prefer - the title of Holes For Faces or the cover. Both are great.

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I really hope you going to like that one! I can't wait to read it!
      Thanks for stoping by!

      Delete
  13. Awesome list!! Definitely creepy haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know Coraline was based off a book. NOW I MUST READ IT =)

    Here's Our List

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen Brenna Yovanoff's The Replacements on a couple of list. I agree. Super creepy, but I think it's so creepy because kids and babies are supposed to be innocent. I have no idea what it's about but I have to check it out and add it to my tbr.

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some scary looking books on there!! I can't even look at that Substitute Creature one... it's freaking me out!!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great List!!!! I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake plus the font is red =) I loved it so much. I've not read the others yet but they sound interesting. I may read them next Halloween since this year I'm done with spooky read (I read four spooky books so far this month and I don't think I can stand for more).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mnth? That's still alot! lol Thanks though

      Delete
  18. I read Coraline a few weeks ago and I think I'm going to watch the film version tomorrow for Halloween. I was amazed at how spooky it was considering it's a kids book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I went back and forth between Coraline and The Graveyard Book for my post - I love both of them! In the end I decided I needed to re-read TGB sooner, so it went on the list. Yours is fantastic!

    M from Backlist Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really want to read them so we'll see hehe Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. I haven't read Coraline yet though I watched the movie a few times. Substitute Creature looks so creepy but the series sounds really fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I might have to check it out :D

      Delete
  21. Okay, I've seen the Replacements cover in so many blogs that I will add to my TBR list haha.

    Great suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's exactly what I did lol Thanks!

      Delete
  22. Great list! I LOVE Anna Dressed in Blood! It's definitely one of the creepiest books out there... especially the companion to it, Girl of Nightmares!

    Thanks for stopping by ParaDays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, I really hope to read all of them!

      Delete
  23. I LOOOOVE Coraline. I read that book back when I was in 5th grade when it first came out. My best friend say it on the new release self in our little elementary school library, read it, and loved it. She made me read it. I know that book is MG, but dude. That book freaked me out, yet I couldn't set it down for the life of me. It was creepy and thrilling, just awesome. I really like the movie adaptation, too!

    Christine @ The Bookish Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have to own the copy too! Oh man, were you scared in 5th grade when you read it? I can't believe they would have something like this in elementary school! That's just freaky!!

      Delete
  24. CORALINE is a great pick for Halloween - I couldn't finish it the first time I tried! It was just too creepy by a half. Thanks for sharing your list!

    Thanks for visiting my TTT post - and apologies that it took so long to make it over here to comment on yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah no problem! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooh, terrifying........ Great list! Thanks for checking out mine! :)

    ReplyDelete