Friday, November 15, 2013

Amazon's Teen & Young Adult Newsletter‏ FREE EBOOK Deal is a Spam???


Hello beauties! This is more of a short story than anything else just because I want to get it off my chest. I would never have imagined it but Amazon gone spamy?? Whoa dude! This is the story:

While I was looking through some ebooks on Amazon, I noticed a link which said that if I signed up for Amazon Teen & YA Newsletter, I would receive a code that would grant me access to a free Kindle Ebook. Sounds awesome right? I totally did it.

So after I signed up, I did get a code which I entered into provided link. It told me to select the book and the code will be applied to the amount. 


But when I actually bought the ebook, it charged me full amount!! And it’s not like it was $2. The final price of the purchase was over $10. Not cool Amazon, not cool!

After hoping that there was some kind of mistake, I emailed Amazon Customer Service and told them about the offer but this is the message I got:



So I’m just wondering… Did I do something wrong and I’m totally gay.sauce for not following directions or anyone else had this problem?

post signature

9 comments:

  1. I totally experienced this as well! I just requested a refund for the book instead of emailing in, but it's so messed up! Plus the books that were available (at least for me) weren't even teen/young adult books like they said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man that's so messed up! I hope they will give you the refund!

      Delete
  2. I didn't follow the directions exactly and got charged so I'm planning to try it again once I receive my refund. I hope I don't get charged a second time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope this gets resolved with you! I'm just glad I got the refund

      Delete
  3. That's weird. I did something similar with a link that my friend sent me and I got Pushing the Limits for free. The other book offered was The Time Fetch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's weird. I need to check out the information again but it was weird how the other books showed up

      Delete
  4. How strange, I hate when deals aren't as good as they should be or they don't work correctly =/ I will make sure to avoid this entire fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm glad you will! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. 1. Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up.
    2. gay.sauce.....? :/

    ReplyDelete