Saturday, February 15, 2014

[Mini Book Review] Feed by Mira Grant

Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)

Feed

by 
The year was 2014. 
We had cured cancer. 
We had beaten the common cold. 
But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED
Now, twenty years after the Rising, bloggers Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives - the dark conspiracy behind the infected. 
The truth will get out, even if it kills them.



“The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.”
What point in the book do you stop reading it and just say: "Mkayy well that was something" and move on to the next one? That's how Feed was for me. 

I'm familiar with Mira Grant's writing and can definitely say that I a big fan. With her world-building and incredible scientific theories, she's definitely on my approved list of authors. But I'm not even sure why this one didn't work for me. It might have been because it was an audiobook and I found MC very annoying or it might have been that the topic of politics does not interest me very much. 

Either way, mixing journalism with zombies was a fresh idea and I applaud Grant for this but Feed was not for me and I DNF'd it at about 52%. Maybe gonna have to try later with an actual print copy...