Saturday, February 8, 2014

[Book Review] Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott

Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1)Fire & Flood
by 
A modern day thrill ride, where a teen girl and her animal companion must participate in a breathtaking race to save her brother's life—and her own. 

Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.

Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.

The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Fire & Flood is everything that I wanted in a book. And even though I like Hunger Games, Fire & Flood is way better. Why?They have m-fcking PANDORAS. BOOM!

"I'm just a girl who loves purple and Greek food and mani-pedis and signing out of tune. A girl who would give almost anything to be away from here and magically back in Boston. But I can't. Now - I'm a warrior."

hunger games gif photo:  tumblr_m17kgl6gCP1qijawl.gif

After moving to Montana, Tella Holloway is done. There is nothing to do here and maybe it was because of her brother being sick but she is cut out from society. When she finds a little blue box with an earpiece in it, she hears the message to be invited to Brimstone Bleed. It's a race in which the winner will receive the Cure that will help any person with any disease. And now she knows what to do. To save her brother, Tella will need to go through jungle, desert, ocean, and mountains while competing against other people who have nothing else but determination to save those who they love. 

I don't even know how to explain what I feel toward Fire & Flood. Not only I loved Tella, I couldn't stop drooling over Guy who was the perfect badass hero to be in this. He was mysterious, hot, grumpy, and everything you want your perfect guy to be. Oh did I mention he was hot?

abs gif photo: Gosling abs GIF_044.gif

But that is besides the point. There was so much action in this book that I literally had my mouth open while having my face do a bunch of weird face expressions. This was exactly what I needed and now I will worship this book forever and will buy myself a physical copy. Or two.