Tuesday, March 4, 2014

[Top Ten Tuesday] (21)

This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given.

    popular authors i've never read

    Cassandra Clare

    City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)


    Ally Condie


    Matched (Matched, #1)Crossed (Matched, #2)Reached (Matched, #3)


    Kiera Cass 


    The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Elite (The Selection, #2)The One (The Selection, #3)


    Lauren DeStafano 


    Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)

    Marie Lu

    Legend (Legend, #1)Prodigy (Legend, #2)Champion (Legend, #3)

    Abbi Glines

    Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1; Rosemary Beach, #1)Never Too Far (Too Far, #2; Rosemary Beach, #2)Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3; Rosemary Beach, #4)

    E. L. James

    Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)

    I just realized that I pretty much haven't read any of the books that have been buzzing about the last few years. I think I definitely need to get on that and readd all of these beauties. Maybe except E. L. James. I think my life would be better if I just keep that off my reading list lol

     What is on your list today? Comment & I will return the favor ;)

    21 comments:

    1. Nice! I chose a few of these authors as well. Only ever read Abbi's one and only paranormal trilogy. Keep hoping she writes another, but it doesn't look likely!

      Here's my Tuesday post

      Have a GREAT day!

      Old Follower :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's mostly Romance that she writes but I haven't read any yet.

        Delete
    2. I'll honestly say you're not missing much with Clare, but many will disagree! Great list here :)
      My TTT :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I actually just read my very first Abbi Glines book the other day. I really liked her writing style and I was completely engaged. I liked Cass's The Selection, but haven't read any more in the series. Condie's trilogy was okay, but I didn't think it was anything great. Haven't read DeStefano and I'm on the fence about her since so many people are up and down. I'll still try her at some point.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for the tip! I'm hoping to read these authors this year

        Delete
    4. Oooh, good list - also nearly every one of these *should* have been on mine! I've read some of the Cassandra Clare books, and while I enjoyed the first book or two in the Mortal Instruments series, it kind of went downhill after that for me. I tried the Infernal Devices first book (Clockwork Angel, maybe?? Can't remember) and it kind of creeped me out so I stopped reading. Yeah, I'm a total wuss. If you need something light and entertaining, I'd check out the City of Bones series... but I don't think it's the end of the world if you skip it, either. Oh, and don't bother with Fifty Shades. OMG. I couldn't make it through the first book. Terrible writing, aside from anything else (and there are lots of elses). Here, read this review I found on Goodreads because a) it's hilarious and b) you will never again feel like you're missing out on Fifty Shades. You're welcome.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hahaha OMG that's so hilarious!!! I was honestly not even bothering with reading it, it just sounded so terrible. I can't believe that they are making a movie!!

        Delete
    5. Yea, I haven't read James...for obvious reasons I hope....Lol..but I do think you'd be much better never having that in your life.
      I'm not a fan of The Selection series. I thought it was pretty awful. But I know I'm the black sheep there. :P
      But of course you must read Clare, Lu and DeStefano. <3
      Great list, Ellie!

      http://thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife.blogspot.ca/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-popular-authors-ive.html

      ReplyDelete
    6. It's okay, I haven't read any of these either! Some of them are sitting on my shelves though...
      My TTT

      ReplyDelete
    7. *notes your list* haha :) I've only finished a few series. I always get tempted to start a new series before I even finish the one I'm holding.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I haven't read any of these authors either! Okay, I did read a few pages of Fifty Shades of Grey, but I couldn't get any farther. The writing just wasn't great, IMO.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Haha I would probably end up doing the same. From what I heard, it's terrible.

        Delete
    9. I've read a few of these authors. I didn't love Fifty Shades though like most people. I wanted to see though what all the hype was about. EH... not that great to me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yea I might just watch the movie once it's out lol

        Delete
    10. I think I might check out Abbi Glimes. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hope you do! I still need to read her books

        Delete
    11. Nice. I've read 3 books by Cassandra Clare, and *cringes* the E.L. James trilogy. I admit I was curious what the fuss was all about. Not recommending that one, but Clare's books hold an appeal despite some clichés.

      Other books on your list are also in my TBR pile. :D
      Here's my TTT

      ReplyDelete